It’s report card time, and you’re seeking report card comments for failing students.
You’ve landed in the right place.
Drafting report card comments for failing students is challenging. So use these helpful report card comments for failing students to communicate areas in which students need to improve.
These needs improvement report card comments provide a good framework for drafting comments of students who are performing below grade level.
Report Card Comments for Failing Students
- _______is progressing below grade level in (insert subject area).
- _______struggles to keep up with homework assignments.
- _______lack of knowledge about how to study strategically causes him to perform poorly on assignments.
- _______regularly does not complete his homework.
- _______has consistently scored poorly on math assessments (or any subject area).
- Since last semester, ______has not been meeting the academic expectations of 3rd grade.
- _______refuses to complete work assignments.
- _______frequently produces poor work.
- _______seldomly refers to the provided rubrics when self-evaluating graded assignments and projects.
- _______constantly exhibits disruptive behavior in class which impacts his learning.
- According to my records, _______has a significant number of incomplete and/or missed assignments.
- _______lacks self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Low attendance has lead to below average grades this quarter.
- ________is reluctant to take the initiative in starting assignments; he must be repeatedly redirected.
See report card comments for average students.
Report Card Comments for Weak Students
- _______struggles to read grade-appropriate sight words.
- Though _______puts forth much effort, she needs repeated instruction before grasping basic concepts.
- _______lack of a strong vocabulary foundation affects her low reading comprehension.
- _______often has difficulties grasping the basic concepts of (insert subject area).
- _______does not work well without constant supervision.
- _______makes the effort but still finds the subject matter difficult.
- Even with accommodations, _______struggles to meet grade level expectations.
- _______seldomly works well independently and relies on peers to complete assignments.
Positive Remarks for Weak Students
- _______responds well to encouragement.
- Although ________is performing below grade level in (insert subject area), she is a gifted athlete/musician/artist.
- _______has completed all missing assignments.
- _______asks for clarification when comprehension breaks down.
- There’s no doubt that _______possesses the capability to do well.
- _______has shown much improvement in her work habits.
- After adjusting _______accommodations, he has been much more successful with meeting learning objectives.
- _______consistently uses anchor charts to aid understanding of concepts.
- A more positive attitude has changed ________mindset when it comes to his work.
- Implementing feedback has positively impacted _______work performance.
- _______ is attending after school tutorials in order to catch up on missed work.
- Though _________has difficulties grasping (insert learning objective), she is kind and a hard worker.
- _______has benefited from sitting closer to the board.
- Reciting daily affirmations for kids has helped ______ stay motivated.
- _______has benefited from utilizing a time management system.
- Reading stamina has improved.
- _______responds much better to instructions the first time they are given.
- Implementing a few study skills has helped her master the lesson material better.
- _______reviews assignments thoroughly before submission.
- _______works independently without distracting others.
See more positive report card comments.
Wrapping Up: Report Card Comments for Failing Students
Now you have a quality collection of report card comments for failing students to use that save time and frustration.