It’s report card time, and you’re seeking report card comments for attendance.
You’ve landed in the right place.
It’s frustrating dealing with habitual tardiness, absenteeism, or irregular attendance from a student, and documenting the occurrences can be even more stressful.
These report card comments for attendance will save you time and frustration while communicating exactly what you need to express regarding punctuality and attendance of students.
You will surely find these attendance remarks for students helpful.
The report card comments for attendance are divided into the following categories:
- Irregular attendance
- Positive remarks
- General attendance comments
Attendance Report Card Comments
Whether you teach elementary, middle, or high school, utilize these report card comments for attendance to discuss primary and secondary students’ class presence and arrival patterns.
Even use these remarks as preschool report card comments for attendance.
Punctuality Report Card Comments For Attendance
- _____ is always punctual to class.
- _____ frequently arrives late from lunch and/or other classes.
- I encourage _____ to arrive to class on time so that he doesn’t miss bell work.
- _____ is regularly on time for class.
- I am concerned about _____ lateness. He must arrive prior to the bell as his tardiness causes disruption.
- _____ is purposely late to class.
- _____ is frequently late to class and misses important morning work exercises.
- I recommend that ______ develop a habit of punctuality.
- _____ is often late for class, and this is causing his grades to slide quickly.
- _____ ‘s frequent late arrivals to class are often a distraction to others.
Irregular Attendance Report Card Comments
- Though ______ is given plenty of opportunities to complete missed assignments due to absences and/or tardiness, he rarely takes the time to do so.
- _____ has so much potential. However, frequent absences and lack of consistent work has affected his progress significantly.
- _____ has been absent (insert percentage) percent of all school days this year resulting in low work performance.
- Though _____ has a final grade of (insert grade) in (insert subject area), this mark is not reflective of her potential and is a direct result of numerous absences.
- ______ minimal progress in (insert subject area) is the result of frequent absences.
- Excessive absences are having an adverse effect on your child’s grades.
- I am concerned about ______ progress in the area of (insert subject area) due to frequent absences this past quarter/semester.
- _____ poor attendance has resulted in a poor grade in (insert subject).
- The quality of ______ work is affected by frequent absences.
- ______ is often absent or late during test days, and this is affecting his academic progress significantly.
- Numerous absences this semester have negatively impacted _____ because she often fails to turn in missed work.
- Regular attendance is essential for _____ in meeting her SMART goals.
- Let’s meet next week to discuss solutions to _____ frequent absences/tardies.
- _____ may require after-school tutoring to make up for too many missed days.
Positive Remarks On Attendance
- _____ has perfect attendance!
- _____ has outstanding attendance.
- Though _____ hasn’t yet reached (insert learning objective), her stellar attendance record reflects her dedication to achieving her academic goals.
- _____ has an excellent attendance record.
- _____ attendance has improved significantly.
- _____ arrives to class on time.
- _____ deserves a class reward for perfect attendance!
- Even when _____ is absent, she always seeks missed work the day she returns.
- _____ is a recently-enrolled student, and her attendance has been great.
- _____ has had perfect attendance this quarter/semester.
General Report Card Comments For Attendance
- Even though _____ has had several absences this semester, he has submitted missed work on time.
- _____ is having a hard time completing missed work assigned when he was absent.
- Although her absences are medically excused, the missed work has still had a negative impact on her work performance.
- _____ excused absences due to medical reasons will allow her work performance from this quarter to be assessed at a later date.
- _____ misses valuable information when absent.
Wrapping Up: Report Card Comments for Attendance
Now you have a ready-supply of attendance report card comments that save time and frustration during report card time.
If you found these attendance report card comments helpful, you might be interested in fun attendance questions.