As the school year draws to a close, you may find yourself with hundreds of final report card comments to write.
This quality list of final report card comments should make the task a little easier.
End of year report card comments are useful for helping students understand their academic achievements.
Although grades summarize students’ progress, final report card comments offer specific guidance and/or words of encouragement.
Unfortunately, writing comments can quickly become repetitive.
So use the following final report card comments, that also serve as phrases for the end of the school year, to save time and energy.
Final Report Card Comments
- _____excelled in every area this school year.
- It has been wonderful to see ____ mature into a confident student.
- Thank you for your support during the school year. ____ is a motivated learner with great study habits.
- I am confident that _____ will perform wonderfully next school year.
- It has been a joy to teach ____ this year. I know he/she will continue to excel next year.
- Keep up the hard work!
- _____ shows significant improvement compared to the previous semester. Keep it up!
- The level of improvement is remarkable. The hard work has paid off.
- Continues to improve in most areas. However, I recommend focusing more on ____ next year.
- Keep using the strategies used this past semester to improve even more next year.
- The tutoring has helped tremendously. Consider continuing with a tutor next year to stay ahead of things.
- _____’s concentration and focus have increased throughout the year.
- I’m amazed by the progress your child has made in just one year.
- _____ still needs to devote a little more time to the areas that we discussed.
- While we have seen improvement in some areas, we should continue to focus on ___ next year.
- Your child has been a joy to teach.
- Please continue to work on the areas discussed earlier in the year to avoid the same issues during the next school year.
- It’s been an honor to teach _____ . She will be missed next year.
- Working on ___ may help your child become better prepared for the next grade level.
- It’s been a pleasure to be part of ______ academic growth.
- I do not doubt that your child will continue to exceed expectations for the next grade level.
- I wish _____ well next year with all of her academic goals.
- Overcame many challenges throughout the year with a positive attitude.
- Always remained calm and collected when challenges arise.
- _____ always showed initiative and looked for ways to help, which will serve him/her well next school year.
- Never allowed difficult situations to get the best of him/her.
- Strived to achieve goals by the end of the school year and reached them. This shows determination.
- He/she is very helpful.
- Was committed to doing his/her best. As the grades show, his/her hard work paid off.
- Always followed classroom rules.
- Occasionally needed help remaining calm when dealing with stressful situations.
- Was kind and respectful to everyone. I expect great things from him/her next year.
- Was always considerate in his/her interactions with others.
- Occasionally needed a reminder to stop talking with friends.
- May want to work on being more considerate of other students’ feelings.
- Often came to class unmotivated and unwilling to learn.
- _____’s (insert any academic skill) has improved a great deal this year. Continue using the same strategies next year.
- _____ exceeded the standards for (insert subject or skill) for this school year.
- I suggest hiring a tutor to reinforce basic math skills.
- Additional work is still needed to meet the learning expectations for this grade level.
- _____ made great strides with … this school year. I wish her all the best next year.
- Reading comprehension skills improved tremendously this school year.
Wrapping Up: Final Report Card Comments
Now you’re all set to complete your final report card comments with less frustration and overwhelm.
See more end of year report card comments.
To keep students busy at the end of the school year, have them complete some fun end-of-year activities.