Save time drafting remarks for your little ones using this list of kindergarten report card comments.
Here you’ll find phrases for all topic from distance learning to conduct.
Kindergarten Report Card Comments
Conduct and Social Skills
- _____ follows oral instructions.
- _____ demonstrates positive character traits.
- _____ has a hard time getting along with peers.
- _____ bites peers when he/she becomes frustrated.
- _____ is becoming more independent with tasks.
- _____ has difficulty accepting consequences.
- _____ is eager to participate in class activities.
- _____ is eager to assist peers.
- _____ has to be redirected several times before he is able complete a task.
- _____ requires frequent reminders to remain on task throughout the day.
- _____ works collaboratively by taking turns.
- _____ uses kind words towards classmates.
- _____ keeps hands and feet to self during circle time.
- _____ listens attentively.
- _____ thrives in the classroom, socially and academically. Examples of this include…
- _____ respects others’ personal space and belongings.
English Language Arts
- _____ listens attentively during read aloud time.
- _____ identifies front and back cover of a book.
- _____ reads from top to bottom, left to right.
- _____ produces and identifies rhyming words.
- _____ uses letter-sound relationships to decode.
- _____ spells grade-appropriate words using correct patterns.
- _____ reads with accuracy most or all of the terms from high-frequency word list.
- _____ recognizes the difference between a letter and a word.
- _____ identifies lowercase and uppercase letters.
- _____ excels in (insert any skill or behavior).
- _____ is making good progress in (insert any academic or social skill).
- _____ follows the steps in a sequence.
- _____ generates ideas for writing through drawings.
- _____ capitalizes the first letter in a name and sentence.
- _____ places punctuation marks at the end of statements.
- _____ shares writing pieces during author’s chair.
Report Card Comments for Math
- _____ quickly grasps new concepts.
- _____ uses tools and manipulatives to solve math problems.
- _____ counts backward and forward to at least 20 with and without objects.
- _____ can count a set of objects up to 20.
- _____ identifies U.S coins by name.
- _____ identifies two-dimensional shapes.
- _____ able to identify two-dimensional solids.
- _____ sorts, collects, and organizes data into two or three categories.
- _____ shows a keen interest in a wide variety of topics.
- _____ explains the differences between wants and needs.
- _____ lists jobs in the home, community, and school.
- _____ explains the purpose of having rules.
- _____ is able to identify authority figures in the school and community.
- _____ recites the U.S Pledge of Allegiance.
- _____ places events in chronological order.
- _____ excels in (Insert any grade-appropriate science skill.)
- _____ shows a keen interest in a wide variety of science topics.
- _____ plans and conducts simple investigations.
- _____ differentiates between living and non-living things.
- _____ uses the 5 senses to identify an object.
Distance Learning Kindergarten Report Card Comments
- _____ learns new information using technological devices.
- Using digital tools, _____ creates writings and drawings.
- _____ follows instructions from the teacher when participating in remote learning.
- _____ knows how to navigate through an online program such as BrainpopJr. and click on appropriate icons.
- _____ is able to retell the main events of a digital story .
- _____ follows visual and oral cues from the teacher while learning online.
- For a complete list of remote learning remarks, see these distance learning comments for kids.
When it comes to writing student remarks, don’t reinvent the wheel. Choose to work smarter by using this list of quality kindergarten report card comments.