Communicate with parents how well their child is progressing using these positive report card comments.
Report card comments help summarize a teacher’s assessment of a student’s abilities.
Positive report card comments help reinforce positive changes in a student’s performance.
Students may find the comments rewarding, which encourages them to continue excelling.
Choosing the right words can make the comments more effective. That’s why it’s imperative to use quality positive report card comments.
That’s what you will find here.
The following list of positive report card comments will save you time and frustration.
Positive Report Card Comments
These positive report card comments that follow are divided into categories to help you find the appropriate remarks faster.
- Never cheats and/or copies others’ work.
- Respects the opinions of others.
- Excels in all academic situations.
- Is courteous to the school staff.
- Treats classmates and peers with respect.
- Respects others who are different from him/her.
- Outperforms grade-level expectations in the areas of …
- Excellent grades are a result of a strong work ethic.
- Shows great enthusiasm for classroom tasks and activities.
- Loves learning.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge in (insert subject area).
- Responds incredibly well to writing prompts.
- Reading every night is helping _____ reading level increase significantly.
- ____’s smile brightens the classroom.
- Is very diligent with reviewing work before submitting.
- Meticulously completes work without much prompting.
- Participates actively in whole-class discussions.
- Pays close attention to directions from the teacher.
- Participates actively in small group assignments.
- Works quietly and without distracting others.
- Successfully uses visuals such as graphs and charts to comprehend information better.
- Pays close attention to details when completing assignments.
- Is working extremely hard this year.
- Exhibits an extensive vocabulary when speaking and/or writing.
- Able to employ higher-order thinking skills in order to solve problems.
- Has made significant progress in (insert skill or subject).
- Is very responsible.
- Follows instructions from the teacher the first time they are given.
- Keeps an organized desk.
- Is on the right path to realizing SMART goals.
- Always willing to complete extension/enrichment activities.
- Reads aloud with good accuracy, fluency, and expression.
- Is proficient in reading skills.
- Works extremely well independently.
- Arrives at school daily with a healthy attitude.
- Listens very well.
- Has improved tremendously in the area of (insert any subject area).
- Utilizes a variety of study skills to master concepts.
- Shares knowledge that contributes greatly to classroom discussions.
- Strives to collaborate well with classmates.
- Has an optimistic attitude.
- I appreciate her will to succeed.
- Is a kind student who is always willing to lend a helping hand.
- Adheres to classroom rules with ease.
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills.
- Performs exceptionally well in the area of (insert any subject area).
- Has the motivation to succeed.
- Is a strategic problem solver.
- Doesn’t rush through her work.
- Is very focused and serious about his work.
- Performs his/her classroom job very well.
- Has good work stamina.
- Is a hard worker who never submits less than his best work.
- Uses time wisely.
- Has shown exceptional improvement in understanding math concepts.
- Continues to exceed expectations for math at this grade level.
- Has demonstrated a noticeable improvement in all areas of math.
- Has mastered the math concept of ___.
- Devotes himself to understanding each math concept.
- Understands the basics of addition and subtraction.
- Should continue using the strategies we worked on throughout the semester. The hard work has paid off!
- Has shown improvement in math, especially when it comes to the concept of ___.
- Has done well learning each of the topics this semester. I know he/she will do great next semester!
- Is truly gifted at math. He/she excels at each new topic.
- Should keep up the good work!
Language Arts and Reading
- Has mastered reading comprehension for this grade level.
- Rarely requires help comprehending information read.
- Is skilled at using prior knowledge to comprehend complex text.
- Reads with a level of fluency and accuracy typically seen in older students.
- Easily learns new reading strategies and skills.
- Has mastered many commonly-used sight words.
- Showcases exceptional reading skills for this grade level.
- Asks questions when he/she needs help comprehending the text.
- Carefully pronounces complex words with ease when reading aloud.
- Fully understands and applies the writing process.
- Is a natural writer.
- Takes risks with new vocabulary.
- Frequently uses strong verbs and adjectives to make his/her work more compelling.
- Is a very creative writer.
- Fully grasps proper grammar.
- Uses punctuation marks and other characters properly.
- Always double-checks writing to prevent mistakes.
- Has excellent penmanship.
- Showcases great writing skills.
- Completed writing assignments have all the elements of good writing.
- Seems to have a natural love for science. He/she always has questions and wants to know more.
- Possesses an analytical mind for science concepts.
- Knows how to use the scientific method when conducting experiments.
- Demonstrates a higher level of understanding of science concepts.
- Exceeds all learning standards when it comes to science.
- Is very inquisitive about scientific topics.
- Turns in top-notch homework and assignments in science.
- Excels at science. He/she tackles each new topic with enthusiasm.
- Easily understands the complex science topics we covered this semester.
- Is a science wiz!
- Can identify the location of most countries on a map without assistance.
- Has a natural love of learning about different cultures and societies.
- Displays a high level of awareness of how societies across the world differ.
- Easily remembers the most important historical dates and events.
- Understands what it means to be a good citizen.
- Clearly understands the levels of government and their roles in helping society.
- Showcases a high level of comprehension of social issues.
- Can explain the importance of social structures in modern society.
- Can name and identify many countries.
- Applies himself/herself to learning more about history, society, and cultures.
- Can name all seven continents.
- Remains positive in every situation, even when faced with a challenge.
- Has shown noticeable improvement in classroom conduct.
- Is courteous and respectful to all classmates.
- Never shows any signs of poor conduct or behavior.
- Is rarely distracted by his/her peers.
- Maintains focus when others misbehave.
- Always follows classroom rules.
Final and End-of-Year
- I am so proud of _____ and can’t wait to see her flourish next school year.
- Though ____ struggled towards the beginning of the school year, she has finished the school year soaring!
- It has been a joy to teach _____.
- I loved teaching _____ and wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors.
- Excelled in all academic subjects this school year.
- Did a great job this year of …
- Is a special student who I will miss dearly.
- I have enjoyed becoming acquainted with _____this school year.
- Has been a delight to teach.
- Is such a gifted student who has a bright future ahead of her.
- What a fantastic year! I wish _____all the best.
- I am so proud of _____. He overcomes all obstacles to meet and exceed grade-level expectations.
- Is always ready to learn something new.
- Has demonstrated exceptional character, even when dealing with stressful situations.
- Maintains a positive attitude when a challenge arises.
- Has an infectious, positive attitude that brightens everyone’s day!
- Possesses a high level of enthusiasm for learning.
- Always gives maximum effort.
- Takes responsibility for actions.
- Maintains calm under pressure.
- Exhibits a growth mindset.
- Is a sensitive student. He/she seems genuinely concerned about the well-being of others.
- Is usually the first to raise a hand to volunteer or answer a question.
- Eagerly participates in every classroom discussion and project.
- Is always present and ready to participate in any project.
- Frequently helps lead classroom activities.
- Listens very closely to others during projects that require participation.
- Always provides thoughtful comments during group participation projects.
- Takes an active role when participating in classroom activities.
- Is never afraid to ask for clarification when participating in activities.
- Has a high level of confidence.
- Is a social butterfly. He/she is extremely confident!
- Enjoys socializing with other children.
- Tends to spend free time socializing with friends.
- Frequently helps other students who are struggling with class topics.
- Shows a high level of compassion and empathy towards others.
- Treats all students with respect.
- Has stepped in to help resolve classroom conflicts.
- Demonstrates natural leadership skills when working in a group.
- Is always helping to keep the group focused and on track during group assignments.
- Works great with a group. He/she excels at cooperative projects.
- Frequently provides other students with helpful suggestions.
- Is always sensitive to the thoughts and concerns of other students.
- Encourages other students in the group to participate.
- Helps keep the group focused.
- Works well with others. He/she listens to others and respects their ideas.
- Can take on any role in a group to ensure success.
- Helps the group plan and carry out tasks.
- Can be counted on to keep the group organized.
- Truly flourishes when working in a group.
- Always double-checks work before submitting.
- Is a hard worker.
- Works well independently.
- Is self-motivated.
- Completes projects on time.
- Is very self-sufficient and has no problems working hard.
- Exceeds expectations when it comes to work habits.
- Has good work stamina.
- Rarely gets distracted.
- Is very committed to learning.
- Attention to detail is fantastic.
- Is exceptionally organized.
- Has fantastic time-management skills.
- Keeps track of time during test-taking.
- Uses time wisely.
- Completes classroom assignments on time.
- Works at a reasonable pace. He/she never works too slowly or quickly.
- Comes to class prepared and uses available time in a smart way.
- Always completes makeup work quickly.
See tips for helping students improve time management.
Final Thoughts: Positive Report Card Comments
Use these short, positive report card comments to help summarize the great progress of your students.
They help you write meaningful comments that provide a clear picture of students’ academic progress and success.