Your middle and high school students will enjoy responding to these fun bell ringer questions which transition them into an academic mindset in preparation for the day’s lesson.
What Are Bell Ringer Questions?
Bell ringer questions, also known as bell work ideas, are short tasks assigned at the beginning of class that transition students into a learning mindset.
The statements are worded in a way to elicit information from learners.
This five to ten minutes of time gives the teacher an opportunity to finish administrative duties such as attendance.
The following fun bell ringer questions establish consistency in routines while mixing in a bit of excitement.
Fun Bell Ringer Questions
The following fun bell ringer questions can be modified for any subject or theme such as bell ringers for reading or Friday bell ringer ideas.
1. If you could choose three aspects of your culture to put into a time capsule, which would you choose and why?
2. What are the disadvantages and advantages of getting older?
3. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
4. Should parents stop telling young children that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy are real? Why or why not?
5. If there was no WIFI or Internet, how would you communicate and keep yourself entertained?
6. What are the pros and cons of owning a cat?
7. Describe a good driver.
8. What was one of your favorite things about _____ grade?
9. If you could change a rule to any one sport, which sport would you choose, what rule would you change and why?
10. What color best represents your personality and why?
11. Is homework necessary? Why or why not?
12. What’s a hilarious excuse for not turning in homework?
13. If you were president, what laws would you enact and why?
14. What famous person would you choose to put on a postage stamp and why?
15. What age do you consider to be old and why?
16. Would you rather watch horror movies or comedy movies? Why?
17. If you won two tickets to your dream concert, which artist are you going to see, and who is going to accompany you?
18. What’s on your music playlist?
19. What would be the theme song of your life?
20. Would you rather only be able to whisper or only be able to shout? Why?
21. If you won a million dollars, how would you spend it?
22. What is your best snow day memory?
23. What was the highlight of your (insert holiday) break/vacation?
24. Describe your after-school routine.
25. Would you rather eat in the school cafeteria or bring a lunch from home? Why?
26. What would you put on your Top 10 list of the yummiest foods?
27. Make a list of your favorites. What is your favorite animal, color, food, subject, movie, music, etc.?
28. What do you like to do for fun?
29. If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
30. What are three things you’d want to have with you if you were stranded on an island?
31. Would you rather be an only child or have many siblings? Explain.
32. What makes you special and unique?
33. If you could change your name, what would you change it to and why?
34. What are some examples and non-examples of being an extrovert?
35. Would you rather be able to read people’s minds or be able to predict people’s futures? Why?
36. If you were given a magic wand, what would you do with it and why?
37. What do you like and dislike most about winter?
See more bell ringer questions.
Now you have a ready-supply of fun bell ringer ideas!
What fun bell ringer questions would you like to see added to this list? Contact us, and we’ll add them to the list!
Download free printable of bell ringer questions.