It can be awkward meeting new people for the first time. You don’t really know what to say or what to do.
Students sometimes experience this situation at school, especially at the beginning of the school year.
As educators, we can help students break the ice and get to know one another better by incorporating funny icebreaker questions for students.
These questions make students feel more comfortable sharing and help them feel at ease when introducing themselves to new classmates.
What’s more, fun icebreaker questions for students can be used as 5-minute fillers, bell work, or discussion activities in small groups.
Their uses are many.
So if you’re looking for fun questions to ask students, these quick questions will serve you well.
Plus, many of them are thought-provoking to make things even more interesting.
And the best part?
These funny icebreaker questions for students were created by my own students, so you’ll find lots of original ideas here.
Funny Icebreaker Questions For Students
Following are lots of fun icebreaker questions for students that will generate some silly responses helping to break the ice in the classroom.
1. Besides hula-hooping, what’s a fun way to use a hula-hoop?
2. What’s the funniest knock-knock joke you’ve ever heard?
3. When you hear the word “rubadub” what immediately comes to mind?
4. How does responding to funny icebreaker questions for students calm you?
5. What strange smell do you actually like?
6. If you were the teacher, how would you make lessons more fun?
7. Are you able to touch your toes without bending at the knees?
8. What’s the worst password someone could have?
9. Which part of your body would you like to be able to detach and why?
10. What is something that people laugh at often but really shouldn’t?
11. Do you think having a twin would be double trouble or double the fun? Why?
12. If a pencil were to fart, what would it smell like?
13. Which attraction in an amusement park is the most fun to do?
14. If your hands were made of spaghetti noodles, what would you not be able to do?
15. What’s the funniest fact you know about an animal?
16. In a different universe, people’s faces are no longer round. What shape would you give to this new species of humans?
17. Which foods make farts smell terrible?
18. Would you rather have a mermaid’s tail or a crocodile’s tail?
19. What other natural resource could replace sand on a beach?
20. If you randomly won an award at school one day, for what accomplishment would your parents assume you received it?
21. What’s your favorite foreign accent?
22. Which letter of the alphabet would you not like to be and why?
23. Have you ever tried to yodel?
24. If you had to choose a species of animals to be on your basketball team, which would you choose and why?
25. When is the last time you used the poop emoji?
26. Do you consider cereal a type of soup? Explain.
27. If you could pick an age to remain forever, which would you choose and why?
28. What’s a fun fact about the city in which you live?
29. Can you do a cartwheel with one hand?
30. Pretend a rabbit and a raccoon morph together. What would you name the new animal?
31. Are you able to not blink for a whole minute?
32. If you could run as fast as the speed of lightning, where would you like to get to in a hurry?
33. Would you consider a hotdog a type of sandwich? Explain.
34. If you could have a lifetime supply of something, what do you pick and why?
35. What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever seen a teacher do?
36. If you shrunk to the size of a grain of sand for a day, what would you do?
36. What is a movie that most people find funny but you don’t?
37. Who in your life would you like to be able to communicate with using a secret language and why?
38. Have you ever tried to kiss your elbow?
39. What animal would make a great student?
40. The name Wiggles is appropriate for what?
41. If you had to enter a food-eating contest, which food do you hope it is?
42. What makes you laugh?
43. Can you say a tongue-twister three times fast without stumbling?
44. What characteristic of a pirate would you like to have and why?
45. Who would you like to switch places with for a day and why?
46. If ants were the size of humans, what type of jobs would they be great at doing?
47. What’s the funniest costume you’ve worn for Halloween?
48. Which holiday is the most fun to celebrate?
49. How does your family have fun during the weekends?
50. What symbol or object do you think best represents your state?
51. What noise irks you?
52. If you created a robot, what tasks would you require it to perform?
53. When you were younger, what was your favorite toy?
54. What sound do you enjoy hearing?
55. Do you find a book’s index or table of contents more useful? Why?
56. What future year would you travel to if you had a time machine? Why?
57. Do you ever count sheep to help you fall asleep?
58. Are you good at keeping secrets?
59. What do you think is a better name for a McDonald’s Happy Meal?
60. Is it worse to neglect brushing your hair or your teeth? Explain.
61. How would you title your childhood autobiography?
62. Which smurf is your favorite?
63. What one question would you like to ask the president?
64. If you had to pick one of the items in your bedroom to come alive, which would you choose and why?
65. Would you rather eat fried ants or roasted frog legs?
66. Into which fairy tale would you like to jump?
67. Do you like to sing in the shower?
68. Would you rather be an ant or a bee? Explain.
69. You’re in charge of creating a holiday focused on fun. What will you name it?
70. If water wasn’t available, what other liquid could be used for bathing?
71. What are two fun icebreaker questions for students you can think of?
72. On a scale from 1 to 5 (5 being the funniest), how good are you at telling funny jokes?
73. Do you believe there is life on other planets?
74. Would you rather be a rock going through the rock cycle or a water droplet going through the water cycle?
75. What is one of the weirdest inventions?
76. If there was no gravity, what fun activities would you try?
77. What does the Tooth Fairy do with all of the teeth she collects?
78. Would you rather have a home built above water or quicksand? Why?
79. If you had a bag of magic beans, what would they be able to do?
80. What are some fun ways to include everyone during recess?
81. If you owned a parrot, what phrases would you teach it?
82. Would you rather be famous for creating a new dance move or finding a cure for the common cold?
83. If your shoes could talk, what message would they share with you?
84. How do you like to have fun?
85. What term in the dictionary could be replaced with a picture of you?
86. Which famous person do you think would not make a good friend?
87. Do you sometimes each breakfast foods for dinner?
88. Would you rather live for a week with the Smurfs or the Flintstones?
89. What’s a cool fact about one of your relatives?
90. What does your ideal hamburger have on it?
91. If Snow White lived in modern times, what one thing about her life would be different?
92. Which sport seems to be the most fun?
93. If you were a rock star, what would be your stage name?
94. What age do you consider old?
95. If you visited the past, how would you convince the people living during that time that you are from the future?
96. How would you make a boring task more fun to do?
97. Would you rather be one of Santa’s reindeer or one of his elves?
98. Which celebrity should play you in a biopic?
99. What is something you find hilarious?
100. Would you rather be a pilot of a commercial plane or a helicopter? Why?
101. What’s more fun … doing science experiments or art projects?
Final Thoughts On Fun Icebreaker Questions for Students
Lighten the mood in your class by incorporating some funny icebreaker questions for students.
Learners will feel more comfortable sharing their thoughts, and this will subsequently help to build classroom community faster.
So go ahead and schedule into your lesson plans today some of these fun icebreaker questions for students.