Writing Topics for Students and Kids
These writing topics encourage students to write to a variety of interesting, fun, and creative ideas.
- Write about a fight you had with a sibling.
- Tell about a time when you helped your parents cook a meal.
- Retell a time when you helped your grandparent use technology.
- Write about a time when you met a cousin for the first time.
- Tell about a time when you tried a new food that you actually liked.
- Share a story about when you learned how to make a special meal or snack.
- Write about a time when ants got into your food.
- Retell about a time when you mistakenly ate or drank something that was rotten or spoiled.
Writing Topics About Learning
- Share your experience learning how to solve a hard math problem.
- Write about your experience learning how to write in cursive.
- Retell the story about when you learned how to play a new online game.
- When did you learn how to speak up for yourself? Tell about the experience. What happened? What was the final outcome?
Writing Topics About Animals
- Share about getting your first pet.
- Write about a time when you had something crawling on you.
- Retell a time when you touched a snake or another animal at a zoo.
- Write about an experience trying to get rid of a roach or roaches.
- Tell about a time when you were bitten by a mosquito.
Writing Topics About Vacation
- Share about a time when you had a stay-vacation. What did you do? How did you feel?
- Write about the best attraction you saw while on a vacation. What was it? What made it so special?
- Retell a memory of visiting a national park.
- Write about the best vacation you have taken with family or friends. Where did you go, and what made it so great?
- Share a story about camping.
Note: For support, teach students how to respond well to these writing topics.
More Writing Topics
1st Grade Topics
2nd Grade Topics
3rd Grade Topics
4th Grade Topics
5th Grade Topics
Writing topics for elementary students ❤