Inject positive energy into your emotional piggy bank with teacher affirmations.
As an educator, affirmations allow you to internalize into your subconscious those things that are currently external to you but which you desire to make a permanent part of yourself.
Teacher affirmations are powerful in altering your character and mindset…
But only when you truly believe what you say and remain consistent with saying these affirmations regularly.
Now I must admit…
Towards the beginning of my teaching career, I never practiced daily affirmations because I really didn’t understand or appreciate the practice.
However, as I moved along in my career, two mentors of mine suggested that I begin doing affirmations daily for about 15 minutes.
At first, it felt weird and kind of silly.
But once I customized the affirmations to fit my needs and desires, saying them became more natural.
Aside from making me a happier person, affirmations serve the purpose of helping me to meet my daily goals, and they guide how I interact with others.
That’s their real power, and I believe they’ll serve you well in the same way.
When I work with teachers who are trying to figure out this work/life balance thing as an educator, I almost always mention the necessity of practicing teacher affirmations.
50 Teacher Affirmations
Tweak them to your preferences, and challenge yourself to recite them daily.
I bet in 30 days you’ll feel different … your spirit will be more energized and calm.
It’s time to put more positive energy into your emotional piggy bank because if you don’t, who will?
Teacher Morning Affirmations
- I am eager to start this day on a positive note.
- I feel great about myself today.
- Negativity is not part of my daily routine.
- I am confident that today is a great day!
- My mindset is positive.
- I put myself first so that I have more of myself to give.
- I repeat good habits and make a strong effort to eliminate the bad ones.
- I listen to music that puts me in a calm mood.
- I fill my soul with positive news and energy.
- Each challenge I encounter I’m able to overcome successfully.
- I spend time investing in myself.
- Self-discipline is a trait I am proud to possess in order to meet my goals.
- I love who I am, for I’m unique and offer valuable perspectives.
- I trust my intuition.
- Only I know what’s best for me.
- I feel proud for all of my past professional accomplishments.
Teacher Confirmations for Work
- I am confident in my teaching abilities.
- My work ethic is strong.
- I gladly try new instructional techniques that I believe will work well for my students.
- I am resourceful and creative.
- I am efficient.
- My work gives me joy and enthusiasm.
- I see the glass half-full even when others see it half-empty.
- After teaching a lesson, I reflect on the activity and modify my instruction accordingly.
- I fearlessly tackle working outside of my comfort zone.
- I am a problem solver.
- I am totally okay with standing alone if I believe my decision is correct.
- My principal recognizes and appreciates my strengths.
- I am humble and have no problem saying “I’m sorry”.
- I am mentally prepared for the unexpected.
- Every new challenge I encounter is an opportunity to grow.
- I appreciate my past experiences that have made me wiser and stronger.
- I spend time investing in my career.
- I make good decisions that serve my students well.
- I don’t need outside validation to know that my work and worth are valuable.
- Every challenging experience makes me wiser personally and professionally.
- I exude positive energy.
- I create procedures that keep me organized.
- My classroom is student-centered.
- I am efficient and adopt strategies that help me work smarter.
Teacher Affirmations for Work Relationships
- I am respectful towards all faculty and staff.
- I appreciate the variety of perspectives from my colleagues.
- I am not in competition with my colleagues.
- I don’t need to outshine anyone to make myself look better.
- I focus more on what people do, not what they say.
- My team and I work collaboratively for the improvement of all students.
- I treat others the way I want to be treated.
- I have the wisdom to accept the things I cannot change.
- I communicate directly to those with whom I have a concern.
Teacher Affirmations for Work Stress
- I’m open to constructive feedback from my colleagues.
- Being an attentive listener is my strength.
- I can handle a bad situation and find a solution that works for me.
- I don’t take issues with co-workers personally.
- Even when everything or everyone around me is chaotic, I keep my inner world calm.
- I don’t live in the past.
- I deserve a work environment that is calm and stress-free.
- Difficult experiences mean that I am growing as a person and professional.
- I work well under pressure.
- I listen attentively to those who have ideas with which I don’t agree.
- I don’t take rejection personally.
- My abilities and talents help me overcome work challenges.
- I give respect to those individuals who don’t show the same to me.
- I stand up for myself when treated unfairly.
- Honest communication is golden.
- I accept responsibility and accountability for my actions.
- Rude behaviors from my colleagues towards me are rooted in their personal issues which at the core have nothing to do with me.
- I am grateful for all the honest and sincere colleagues with whom I work.
- I deserve a boss or principal that is honest and has integrity.
LIKE THIS POST? PIN IT!
What to Say to Encourage a Teacher
Sometimes the most important things you can do to encourage a teacher happen through your actions.
- Create a hand-written thank you note to show appreciation.
- Find out what they like, and surprise them on a random day.
- If you’re a teacher yourself, connect them with other teaching professionals who’ve had similar experiences as them. This serves as a way for them to associate with like-minded individuals who may understand their issues better.
- Be there as an active listener. Those who need encouragement oftentimes just want to be heard.
- Give sincere praise for specific accomplishments.
Wrapping Up: Teacher Affirmations
Teacher affirmations change your mindset and impacts your teaching life in a positive way.
For the next 30 days, challenge yourself to say these affirmations daily.
You’re steps closer to a more stress-free teaching life.