Drafting social studies report card comments need not be a chore.
You want to communicate effectively how students are performing in social studies class, but it can be frustrating trying to come up with the right phrases.
We’ve got you covered.
These social studies report card comments solve the problem of you not knowing exactly what message to communicate with parents and students.
Following you will find quality social studies report card comments that save teachers lots of frustration and time.
Social Studies Report Card Comments
Modify these social studies report card comments to fit your needs.
- _____ is progressing well in the following social studies skills:
- _____ actively participates in social studies discussions.
- _____ effectively uses social studies tools such as maps to aid understanding.
- A strong reading comprehension level helps ______ understand social studies concepts on a deeper level.
- _____’s expansive social studies vocabulary is impressive.
- _____ grasps social studies vocabulary and concepts quickly.
- Has reached her SMART goals for social studies this semester.
- _____’s social studies vocabulary is extensive.
- _____ is enthusiastic about performing social studies projects and activities.
- _____ continues to make good progress in. . . (insert social studies learning objective).
- _____ possesses a clear understanding of key social studies concepts presented this school year/this quarter.
- _____ frequently expresses how social studies concepts connect to real-life and is able to give examples.
- _____ shows a keen interest in social studies.
- _____ loves social studies and always looks forward to exploring new concepts.
- _____ uses models and graphs to aid in comprehending social studies concepts such as . . .
- _____ enjoys hands-on social studies activities.
- _____ has met all social studies standards this quarter.
- _____ asks thought-provoking questions related to social studies topics.
- _____ makes relevant connections when reading social studies texts.
- _____ is exceeding in the social studies learning objective of (insert any social studies skill or strategy).
- Even with accommodations and/or modifications, _____ struggles with (insert social studies skill or strategy).
- _____ rarely uses nonfiction text features to aid in reading comprehension of social studies text.
- _____ is performing below grade level in (insert social studies skill or strategy).
- _____ needs more practice with hands-on activities in order to recall historical dates and geographical locations.
- _____ struggles to understand basic social studies concepts.
- Even though _______ is very attentive in social studies class, her low reading comprehension impacts how much she understands of the nonfiction material.
- _____ puts forth a lot of effort. However, (insert any social studies skill or strategy) is still difficult for him/her.
- Though _____ is making gradual steps to improve (insert social studies skill or strategy) progress is delayed due to…
- _____ shows respect for social studies materials.
- _____ consistently keeps his social studies materials and notebook organized.
- _____ is naturally inquisitive in social studies class.
- Because _______ is not too interested in social studies, he tends not to put forth maximum effort into all the activities.
- _____ does not ask for help when he or she does not understand a concept.
- _____ continues to make good progress in. . .
- When working with peers, ______ takes feedback positively and gives suggestions respectfully.
- _____ takes accountability for his work.
- _____’s low performance in social studies is due to her frequent absences.
- _____’s poor attitude affects his social studies performance.
- Social studies block is a time where ______ shines.
Final Thoughts: Social Studies Report Card Comments
These helpful social studies report card comments save teachers time and overwhelm.
There’s no need to start from a blank slate when drafting social studies remarks.
If you found these social studies report card comments helpful … you might be interested in social studies project ideas for students.