Drafting social studies report card comments need not be a chore.
You want to communicate effectively how students are performing in social studies class, but it can be frustrating trying to come up with the right phrases.
We’ve got you covered.
These meaningful report card comments for social studies solve the problem of you not knowing exactly what message to send to parents and students.
Following you will find quality social studies report card comments that save teachers lots of frustration and time.
The comments are divided into the following categories:
- positive comments
- needs improvement
- work habits
Positive Social Studies Report Card Comments
Utilize the following social studies report card comments kindergarten, elementary, middle, and high school.
- _____ is exceeding/progressing well in the following social studies skills this quarter:
- _____ actively participates in social studies discussions.
- _____ effectively uses social studies tools such as maps to aid understanding.
- A strong reading comprehension level helps ______ understand social studies concepts on a deeper level.
- _____ expansive social studies vocabulary is impressive.
- _____ grasps social studies vocabulary and concepts quickly.
- Has reached her SMART goals for social studies this semester.
- _____ social studies vocabulary is extensive.
- _____ is enthusiastic about performing social studies projects and activities.
- _____ continues to make good progress in. . . (insert with social studies learning objective).
- _____ possesses a clear understanding of key social studies concepts presented this school year/this quarter.
- _____ frequently expresses how social studies concepts connect to real-life and is able to give examples.
- _____ shows a keen interest in social studies.
- _____ loves social studies and always looks forward to exploring new concepts.
- Using models and graphs aids _____ in comprehending social studies concepts such as . . .
- _____ enjoys hands-on social studies activities.
- _____ has met all social studies standards this quarter.
- Asks thought-provoking questions related to the social studies topics.
- _____ makes relevant connections when reading social studies texts.
- _____ is exceeding in the social studies learning objective of (insert any social studies skill or strategy).
See more positive report card comments.
Needs Improvement Social Studies Report Card Comments
- Even with accommodations and/or modifications, _____ struggles with (insert social studies skill or strategy).
- _____ rarely uses nonfiction text features to aid in reading comprehension of social studies text.
- _____ is performing below grade level in (insert social studies skill or strategy).
- _____ needs more practice with hands-on activities in order to recall basic facts such as historical dates and geographical locations.
- _____ struggles to understand basic social studies concepts.
- Even though _______ is very attentive in social studies class, her low reading comprehension impacts how much she understands of the nonfiction material.
- _____ puts forth a lot of effort. However, (insert any social studies skill, strategy, or behavior) is still difficult for him/her.
- Though _____ is making gradual steps to improve (insert social studies skill or strategy) progress is delayed due to…
Work Habits Social Studies Report Card Comments
Utilize the following social studies report card comments to communicate aspects of students’ conduct.
- _____ habitually shows respect for social studies materials.
- _____ consistently keeps his social studies materials and notebook organized.
- _____ is naturally inquisitive in social studies class.
- Because _______ is not too interested in social studies, he tends not to put forth maximum effort into all the activities.
- _____ does not ask for help when he or she does not understand a concept.
- _____ continues to make good progress in. . . (behavioral area).
- With working on social studies group assignments, ______ takes feedback positively and gives suggestions respectfully.
- _____ takes accountability for his work.
- _____ low performance in social studies is due to her frequent absences.
- _____ poor attitude affects his social studies performance.
- Social studies block is a time where ______ shines.
Geography Report Card Comments
- _____ knows how to find a location on a map.
- _____ is able to name a significant number of U.S states and their capitals.
- _____ defines the major cultural regions of the world.
- _____ understands key differences among the various geographical regions of the world.
- _____ can locate and name the physical regions of the world.
- _____ has mastered the geography learning standards of… this semester.
- _____ can describe geography and its significance.
- _____ comprehends how major historical events impact world geography.
Explore geographical concepts in-depth with these fun geography activities for students.
Final Thoughts: Social Studies Report Card Comments
There’s no need to start from a blank slate when drafting social studies report card comments.
These meaningful and clear social studies report card comments help teachers complete remarks in less time.
If you found these social studies report card comments helpful, you might be interested in specific report card comments subject wise.