It’s report card time, and you don’t know where to start when it comes to drafting science report card comments.
You want to communicate clearly how students are performing in science class, but it isn’t always easy to brainstorm the most appropriate remarks.
So if you’re looking for quality science report card comments to use for your elementary, middle, or high school students, you’ve come to the right place.
These meaningful science report card comments solve the issue of not knowing what to write.
Following you will find helpful science report card comments that save teachers time and frustration.
Science Report Card Comments (General)
- _____ puts forth a lot of effort. However, (insert any science skill, strategy, or behavior) is still difficult for him/her.
- _____ is exceeding in the science learning objective of (insert any science skill or strategy).
- Using models and graphs aids _____ in comprehending science concepts such as . . .
- _____ rarely uses nonfiction text features to aid in reading comprehension of science or social studies text.
- Though _____ is making gradual steps to improve (insert science skill or strategy) progress is delayed due to…
- _____ has met all science standards for this quarter.
- _____ enjoys hands-on science projects.
- Even with accommodations and/or modifications, _____ struggles with (insert any science skill or strategy).
- _____ loves science and always looks forward to exploring new science ideas.
- Though ________ progressed well in science in previous grade levels, the depth of information and need for a much a higher level of critical thinking causes him to struggle a bit when performing science experiments.
- _____ shows a keen interest in science.
- _____ makes relevant connections when reading science texts.
- Even though _______ is very attentive in science and loves to explore new ideas, his low reading comprehension impacts how much he understands.
- _____ struggles to understand basic science concepts.
- Asks thought-provoking questions related to the subject matter at hand.
- _____ did a fantastic job presenting her research in the science fair.
- _____ expansive science vocabulary is impressive.
Science Report Card Comments (Scientific Method)
- _____ is progressing well in applying science inquiry skills.
- _____ lacks understanding of the steps of the scientific method.
- _____ requires repeated explanations to understand foundational scientific concepts.
- _____ is unclear how to apply the steps of the scientific method to complete an experiment.
- _____ accurately and regularly uses the scientific method to solve science problems.
- _____ is getting better at evaluating hypothesis and retesting when necessary.
- _____ When collecting resources to test her hypothesis, _______ uses a wide variety of resources.
- ______ seldomly conducts science experiments using the scientific method.
- ______ effortlessly applies the scientific method with each new experiment.
- ______ is highly proficient in using research skills to carry out science investigations.
- ______ routinely executes the scientific process when conducting experiments and science projects.
Science Report Card Comments (Work Habits/Conduct)
Utilize these science report card comments to communicate aspects of students’ behavior.
- _____ does not ask for help when he or she does not understand a concept.
- Because _______ is not too interested in science, he tends not to put forth maximum effort into all the activities.
- _____ continues to make good progress in. . . (target area).
- Within science groups, ______ takes feedback positively and gives suggestions respectfully.
- _____ is naturally inquisitive.
- _____ takes accountability for his work.
- Science block is a time where ______ shines. Her eyes light up when doing class experiments.
- _____ consistently follows the safety guidelines when working in the science lab.
- _____ habitually shows respect for science materials.
- _____ low performance in science is due to her frequent absences from class this quarter/semester.
- _____ poor attitude affects his science performance.
See more work habits report card comments.
Wrapping Up: Science Report Card Comments
There’s no need to start from a blank slate when drafting science report card comments.
These meaningful and clear comments help teachers complete remarks in less time.
If you found these report card comments for science helpful, you might be interested in subject specific report card comments.