It’s report card time, and you’re seeking report card comments for behavior and work habits.
You’ve landed in the right place.
Drafting report card comments for behavior and work habits can be a challenge because you want to sound professional without coming across as negative.
Here you will find a helpful collection of report card comments for behavior and work habits that helps teachers communicate how well students are performing in regard to conduct and work ethic.
No matter the grade you teach, you’ll find something here to fit your needs.
Report Card Comments for Behavior
Utilize these report card comments for behavior to note student strengths.
- Works well independently.
- ______follows instructions the first time they are given.
- ______is very capable, and getting her to focus will help to improve her work in (insert subject area).
- ______ is always prepared for class.
- _____ always reviews work before submitting.
- Within a group environment, ______takes feedback positively and gives suggestions respectfully.
- ______ works extremely well with others.
- ______ does a competent job of completing her tasks when part of a team.
- It is evident that ______ has a strong desire to succeed.
- ______ is self-motivated and doesn’t over-rely on extrinsic motivations to succeed.
- ______attention wanders, but she promptly gets back on task when redirected.
- During presentations and discussions, ______ listens attentively and respectively.
- ______asks for assistance from the teacher when appropriate.
- ______takes accountability for his actions.
- Responds well to teacher feedback.
Utilize these report card comments for behavior to note areas in which students need improvement.
- I love that______wants to interact with his classmates. However, he struggles with keeping his hands to himself during learning centers.
- ______ distracts others often.
- ______takes pleasure in making silly noises in class. I redirect him often, but it rarely works. Please speak with him about this behavior.
- Talks over others.
- ______rarely takes accountability for his actions.
- ______ very often interrupts and/or disrupts others. I would be happy to meet with you to discuss this matter further.
- ______is easily angered.
- ______struggles with keeping her hands to herself. A behavior contract is a good next step for him. Let’s meet soon to discuss this.
- ______ needs to learn self-control.
- ______has a hard time being truthful when confronted with inappropriate actions.
- ______displays inappropriate behaviors on the playground such as…
- ______has to be told continuously to be respectful towards others and classroom property.
- ______is wonderful in sports and has a competitive edge. However, he is argumentative when he doesn’t win or get his way.
- As mentioned in previous communications with you, ______ defiance is causing daily disruption in the classroom.
- ______always completes his work on time.
- ______is overly aggressive with peers who he feels have wronged him.
- ______reacts negatively when given constructive feedback.
Report Card Comments for Work Habits
The following report card comments for work habits communicate levels of students’ work ethic.
- I see so much potential in _______. Let’s meet next week to discuss ways to help him improve in (specific behavior or habit).
- ______requires frequent reminders to remain on task.
- Even when given extended time, ______ fails to complete assignments due to disruptive behavior.
- Though______ has much potential, she significantly lacks self-discipline.
- ______has significant trouble sitting still long enough to complete an assignment.
- ______has the potential to produce better work but puts forth minimal effort.
- It’s challenging for _____ to complete a task if he isn’t supervised constantly.
- ______has a difficult time working independently.
- Though______eventually focuses in order to complete her work, she doesn’t put forth the effort necessary to minimize distractions from others.
- ______ constantly asks questions that have been answered repeatedly and in detail.
- I love that ______works well independently, but he needs to carry his weight when working with a team.
- Frequently rushes to complete work as if in competition with classmates.
- ______assignments and/or homework is often or always late.
- ______doesn’t work well unless he has ample supervision.
- Even when redirected,______daydreams and misses essential information.
- ______consistently submits work that is disorganized and illegible.
- ______has a tendency to rush through his work.
- ______constantly needs reminders so that work is submitted on time.
- Because ______works hastily, she shows frequent errors in her work.
- ______has a hard time completing work in a timely fashion.
- ______is frequently unprepared for lessons.
- Needs to work on being more considerate of others when working in groups.
- ______often loses materials and supplies needed to complete activities.
- ______exhibits poor time management.
- ______ hardly ever participates in discussions and/or whole class activities.
- Excessive absences and tardies are having a negative effect on ______work performance.
- ______doesn’t work to his full potential.
- ______demonstrates inconsistency in his efforts.
- ______ is very slow to comprehend instructions and requires multiple repetitions of directions.
Final Thoughts: Report Card Comments for Behavior and Work Habits
Drafting report card comments for students need not be a chore.
Now you have a ready supply of report card comments for behavior and work habits that save time and frustration.
See tips for how to support students with behavioral issues.