It’s time to write kindergarten report card comments.
Demonstrate how well your kindergarteners mastered social and academic skills this school year using this quick list of remarks – written especially with the kindergarten teacher in mind.
Quick Report Card Comments for Kindergarten
- _____ is able to retell the main idea of a story that’s been read aloud.
- _____ stands quietly in line.
- _____ listens the first time instructions are given.
- _____ identifies numbers from 0 to 20.
- _____ can write numbers 0 to 20.
- _____ has no issue sharing materials, such as blocks and crayons.
- _____ demonstrates a good grip when holding a pencil or crayon.
- _____ takes turns.
- _____ regularly plays fairly with peers.
- _____ separates from a parent or caregiver with ease.
- _____ knows his/her address and phone number.
- _____ demonstrates letter/sound relationships.
- _____ spells simple words independently using pre-phonetic knowledge.
- _____ writes from left to right of page, top to bottom.
- _____ can spell his/her first and last name.
- _____ is able to count by 1s until 100 is reached.
- _____ skip counts by 10 until 100.
- _____ shows an interest in reading.
- _____ comprehends concepts of time such as tomorrow, today, and yesterday.
- _____ has knowledge of the basic colors of pink, red, white, blue, yellow, orange, green, and black.
- _____ writes consonant-vowel-consonant (CVC) words.
- _____ adds numbers with sums up to 10.
- _____ knows how to complete subtraction facts with numbers 0 to 10.
- _____ consistently follows 3-step instructions such as line up, grab your pencil, and choose a book.
- _____ follows classroom rules.
- _____ struggles (or does well with) paying attention for short periods of time.
- _____ cuts along a line with scissors.
- _____ ignores the teacher or aide when he/she is giving directions.
- _____ can recognize and point out basic shapes.
- _____ recognizes kindergarten sight words.
- _____ uses oral, written, or drawing communication to express an opinion.
- _____ is able to recognize and record the letters of the alphabet in both lowercase and uppercase forms.
- _____ excels in the area of (insert any kindergarten standard).
- _____ has made significant progress in the area of…
- _____ is struggling with (insert any kindergarten standard).
- _____ has improved tremendously in the area of …
- _____ needs improvement in the area of…
Tips for Drafting Kindergarten Report Card Comments
As you draft your kindergarten report card comments, consider adding qualifiers and/or adjectives that make each statement more or less positive.
Examples of qualifiers to use with kindergarten comments…
- Has difficulty
- Shows limitations with…
- ______ struggles to (insert any grade-appropriate task).
Remarks and Phrases for Kindergarten Students
You’ll all set to save time and still have quality report card comments for your kindergarten learners using this quick list.