To get students warmed up and excited about learning, incorporate engaging questions of the day for elementary students.
Questions of the day for elementary students are fun conversation or discussion starters that relax students so that they’re more receptive to the activity ahead.
Similar to would you rather questions, they may be used as morning meeting questions or as filler activities during the first day of school or as needed.
Below you will find questions of the day for elementary students that you can use as part of your classroom management routine.
Questions of the Day for Elementary Students
These questions of the day for elementary students serve as great warm-up activities.
1. Why is it important to be a good writer?
2. What’s your favorite dish that your parents cook?
3. Which elementary grade do you feel is best and why?
4. What do you like most about your family?
5. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
6. What’s the name of your favorite restaurant?
7. Why is it important to show kindness towards others?
8. What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
9. How can you make a new student feel welcomed?
10. What is something that you absolutely love about yourself?
11. What is something cool that you have learned in school this week?
12. Do you use music to relax?
13. What’s your favorite candy?
14. What is something that you forget to do often?
15. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be and why?
16. What’s your favorite scent?
17. What makes you upset?
18. When you grow up, what would you like to be?
19. What’s your favorite food?
20. What three words would you use to characterize yourself?
21. How do you like to spend your free time?
22. What do you usually do after school?
23. During a day off from school, what do you do?
24. What are your dreams for the future?
25. Which toppings do you like to put on your nachos?
26. What’s your favorite even number?
27. When are you happiest?
28. What do you like most about being a kid?
29. Do you know how to write in cursive?
30. What do you like to daydream about?
31. Which emoji describes how you’re feeling right now?
32. What makes you laugh uncontrollably?
33. Is homework really beneficial to students?
34. What is your favorite blue object?
35. How can you show someone that you are dependable?
36. What’s the name of your favorite movie?
37. If you could create a holiday, what would it be and why?
38. What is your favorite time of the year?
39. When you are sad, how do you make yourself feel better?
40. What kind act can you do today for a classmate?
41. Have you ever felt lucky? If so, when? If not, what event would cause you to consider yourself lucky?
42. When are you most excited about learning?
43. What does it look like if someone is a bad friend?
44. What can elementary students do to protect the environment?
45. Who in the world is your favorite person?
46. What is one thing you did over the summer?
47. Do you prefer to bring lunch from home or eat in the cafeteria?
48. Which adjectives would you use to describe yourself?
49. What motivates you to reach your goals?
50. What is something new that you learned in science class recently?
51. Are you looking forward to becoming an adult? Why or why not?
52. What’s your favorite juice flavor?
53. Which of the five senses do you think is most important and why?
54. What’s on your mind right now?
55. If you could meet one of your favorite book characters, who would it be and why?
56. What is something that makes you feel calm?
57. Why is it important to treat animals with respect?
58. What’s your favorite song?
59. Which item in your desk is most important?
60. What’s the hardest part about attending school?
61. Would you rather have more recess time or lots of friends?
62. What is one song that you don’t like?
63. How many brothers and sisters do you have?
64. What’s your favorite month of the year and why?
65. If you were famous, for what would you like to be known?
66. What’s your favorite whole class award?
67. Who in your life are you grateful to have?
68. What’s your favorite place in your house and why?
69. How does your family help you to succeed at school?
70. What’s your favorite game to play with friends?
71. Which school subject is your favorite and why?
72. What has been the best part of this school week?
73. If you never had to eat a food ever again, which would it be?
74. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
75. Are you an only child or do you have siblings?
76. What is the best part about working in a group?
77. If you could be any animal, which would you be and why?
78. What is something that you are really good at doing?
79. Would you rather play in the rain or snow?
80. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
81. Do you consider yourself a neat or messy person?
82. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
83. Which reading genre is your favorite?
84. What did you have for dinner last night?
85. Would you rather visit the zoo or the aquarium?
86. What’s your favorite pizza topping?
87. How do your parents show that they love you?
88. What type of books do you not like?
89. Would you rather be a great singer or a great dancer?
90. What do you like to do for fun?
91. Who do you admire most?
92. What’s the nicest thing a classmate has said to you?
93. If you were king or queen for a day, what would you do?
94. What are you most looking forward to learning about this week?
95. With whom would you like to celebrate your next birthday?
96. What’s one dream that you have for the future?
97. Should there be assigned seats in the cafeteria?
98. What’s the best way to succeed in school?
99. Do you prefer to have french fries or chips as a side dish?
100. What one skill have you learned to do that you know will be helpful later in life?
101. Which classroom rule do you like least?
Final Thoughts On Questions of the Day for Elementary Students
You’re all set to create a relaxed and motivating environment using these fun questions of the day for elementary students