If you’re looking to incorporate journaling in physical education class, you’ll be delighted with these physical education writing prompts for students of all ages.
Not only do these physical education writing prompts integrate p.e and writing, they help students reflect upon the learning, express their thoughts, and think critically about concepts related to health.
Writing in physical education has never been easier.
So pencil into your p.e classes this week a few of these practical physical education writing prompts.
Physical Education Writing Prompts: What Should I Write for PE?
The following prompts include ideas for physical education argumentative essay topics.
1. Describe your favorite game in p.e class. Why do you like it so much?
2. Your school is preparing for Field Day, and you are in charge of planning the activities and games. What types of activities and games will you plan for the event?
3. What qualities make a good team player? Why?
4. Explain musical chairs or your favorite p.e. game to someone who doesn’t know how to play it.
5. Do you think p.e. class is just as important as math class? Why or why not?
6. If a soccer ball could talk, what would it tell you about its life?
7. What’s the benefit of schools offering physical education classes?
8. Compare and contrast physical education class and recess.
9. Provide examples of bad teamwork and good teamwork.
10. Create a fun game that involves skipping, jumping rope, and hopping on one foot.
11. Would you rather have p.e class indoors or outdoors? Explain your choice.
12. What SMART goals do you have for physical education class this school year? What actions will you take in order to achieve them?
13. What’s your least favorite part of p.e class and why?
14. Share your worst p.e class memory from this year or another year.
15. Tell why physical education class should be mandatory for all students.
16. Explain why your favorite p.e game is the best.
Physical Education Writing Assignments Middle School
1. Write about a new skills that you learned in physical education class this week.
2. Draft a letter to a classmate offering tips for doing well in p.e. class.
3. If you could choose any sport to play in p.e, which would you choose and why?
4. Imagine that the principal is thinking to reduce p.e class time. Write a letter convincing her/him of the importance of maintaining the current duration.
5. Explain how to play Frisbee.
6. What are your strengths and weaknesses in physical education class? How can you improve your weaknesses?
7. Share an experience where you improved your skills in a particular game or sport.
8. Describe something your learned in physical education class this week.
9. Provide safety tips one should follow when riding a bike.
10. What’s the importance of stretching after exercise?
11. In your opinion, what is the best part of physical education class and why?
12. Write a short story with a surprising ending about a boy who is terrible at sports but improves drastically with the help of a friend.
13. Describe how to play tether ball.
Physical Education Writing Prompts High School
1. Explain how scoring works in soccer.
2. What qualities make a great team leader? Why?
3. Tell the importance of good sportsmanship when playing p.e games and sports.
4. Write about your favorite sport and why you like it so much.
5. Provide evidence to support that bowling is a real sport.
6. Why do you think it’s important to be competitive when playing sports and games?
7. If you are the captain of a team, how do you build community and team spirit among players?
8. Some students dislike p.e class because they are not good at playing sports and games. If you were the teacher, how would you help these students become more confident?
9. Explain why rules are important when playing games and sports.
10. If you could add any new rules to your favorite p.e game or sport, what two rules would you add and why?
11. What safety measures should students take when participating in sports or p.e. games?
12. Describe the main benefits of regular physical activity.
13. Explain how listening to music positively affects your physical performance.
14. In your opinion, why is it good practice to respond to physical education writing prompts?
Fitness Writing Prompts
1. Tell the importance of daily exercise.
2. Share the benefits of healthy eating.
3. Write an article for the school newsletter providing tips for staying physically fit.
4. Describe the consequences of eating too much junk food.
5. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the worst), how would you rate your fitness level? What can you do to improve or maintain it?
6. Write a short descriptive paragraph that includes these three words: fitness, health, stamina
7. How does eating healthy and staying fit affect your future health?
8. Describe any daily habits you perform in order to stay or get healthy.
9. Explain the importance of exercise for pets.
10. What effect does a poor diet have on one’s mental health and/or concentration?
11. F.I.T.N.E.S.S – Write an acrostic poem using the word fitness.
12. Why do you think it is difficult for some people to stay healthy? What advice can you offer to help them stay focused on their fitness?
13. Write a poem about fitness and physical education class.
Now you have a quality collection of physical education writing prompts to use as journaling exercises in p.e. class.