You’ve just landed upon a quality collection of music report card comments.
Though drafting music report cards can be a chore, speed up the process and reduce frustration by using quality music comments.
Within this post, you’ll find a variety of music report card comments you can use with all ages of students.
So whether you teach kindergarten, elementary, middle, or high school, you’re sure to find music comments here to help you communicate your thoughts clearly.
General Music Report Card Comments
Use the following remarks to discuss behavior, attitude, plus a variety of music-related topics including instrumental music report card comments.
- _____ actively participates in music class almost all of the time.
- _____ participates with enthusiasm when playing instruments.
- _____ cooperates with peers and the music teacher.
- _____ transitions between musical activities without interrupting others.
- _____ frequently interrupts and/or disrupts others in music class.
- _____’s work ethic in music class is exceptional.
- _____ does a good job of taking accountability for her actions during music class.
- _____ respects instruments and other materials in music class.
- _____ requires frequent reminders to remain on task from the music teacher.
- _____ able to perform instrument and singing parts.
- _____ puts forth much effort when learning new songs or instruments.
- _____ is routinely prepared for music class.
- _____ has the potential to produce better work in music class but puts forth minimal effort.
- _____ is enthusiastic about music class.
- _____ identifies grade level beat and rhythm concepts.
- _____ persists through music activities with a positive attitude.
Elementary Music Report Card Comments
Music report card comments for grade 1 and beyond
- _____ often struggles with keeping hands to himself in music class.
- _____ consistently demonstrates kindness towards classmates in music class.
- _____ always follows classroom rules in music.
- _____ is accountable for her work in music class.
- _____ loves to take part in music activities and performances.
- _____ shows a deep interest in activities performed in music class.
- It’s challenging for _____ to complete a music assignment if he isn’t supervised constantly.
- _____ is inquisitive about musical concepts.
- _____ has a difficult time working independently in music class.
- _____ consistently puts forth a positive attitude in music class.
- _____ enjoys learning about new musical projects and activities.
- _____ transitions from one musical activity to the next with minimal distraction.
- _____ consistently displays great conduct in music class.
- _____ requires frequent reminders from the music teacher to stay on task.
- _____ is currently meeting all music grade level standards.
Report Card Comments for Music and Dance
- _____ puts forth her best effort when performing in music class.
- _____ shows an appreciation of music from other cultures and music from a variety of genres.
- _____ claps on beat to a rhythm.
- _____ demonstrates appropriate audience behavior during performances.
- _____ performs dance.
- _____ collaborates and cooperatives with peers plus the music teacher.
- _____ demonstrates proficiency in (insert any musical skill or strategy).
- _____ is still struggling with (insert any musical skill or strategy).
- _____ responds to music through movement or dance.
- _____ actively participates when playing musical games.
- _____ participates with enthusiasm when dancing.
Music Report Card Comments End of Year
- It has been a joy to teach music to _____ this school year.
- …is a lovely student who I enjoyed working with every day.
- _____ had a great year in music class. She met all grade-level expectations. I am confident she will continue to soar musically next school year.
- What a great year it has been!
- …has soared this school year in music class.
- It has been a pleasure to work with…
- …made wonderful progress this year in music class.
- …enjoyed music class and was a delight to teach.
- Keep up the good work in music class next year!
- I wish…all the best with her future musical endeavors.
- It has been an honor to teach….
- …is an amazing, enthusiastic student. I’m glad to have been her music teacher.
- ____’s fun and positive attitude made music class more exciting this school year.
Music Report Card Comments Next Steps
- About twice a week, assist _____ with clapping to a simple beat in order to improve her rhythm.
- _____ needs to practice her instrument more frequently.
- Let’s meet next week to discuss how we can help _____ work more collaboratively in music class.
- Expose _____ to television shows with a focus on music so that she increases her musical awareness and appreciation.
- Read more music books with _____ so that she can identify a wider variety of instruments.
- I suggest that _____ implement a handful of study skills to guide him in learning the musical notes and signs.
- To heighten her appreciation, occasionally play and discuss music from different cultures while at home relaxing or in the car driving.
- In order for _____ to utilize new vocabulary, ask him a few times per week what he is learning in music class. Encourage him to use music terminology.
- I’ll work with _____ 2 times per week to help her complete unfinished musical projects and assignments.
- Using the class notes, please review with _____ the steps required to compose a song.
- Encourage _____ to move or dance when listening to music.
- For the past few weeks, I’ve had to discuss with _____ several times the importance of not disturbing others in music class. I appreciate you reinforcing this at home also.
Armed with these quality report card comments for music teachers, you’re all set to finish your music report card comments in less time without overwhelm.