Transition second graders into learning using this cool list of morning meeting questions for 2nd grade students.
These 2nd grade morning meeting questions serve as community-building activities plus cultivate positive relationships among students and teachers.
So pencil into your lesson plans this week a few of these delightful morning meeting questions for 2nd grade kids.
Morning Meeting Questions for 2nd Grade
The following morning meeting questions for 2nd grade awaken minds, stimulate thinking, and build connections among peers.
1. What is an interesting non-fiction book that you read recently?
2. Would you prefer sleeping in on the weekend or getting up early to go bike riding?
3. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
4. How do you like to be called?
5. Which season do you like best?
6. What is one thing that really irritates you?
7. How will your life be affected by what you are learning in school?
8. What is one big goal that you want to reach this school year?
9. At what age will you feel like a grown up?
10. Do you prefer to work in a group or independently?
11. If you were the teacher, what one activity would you do every week with students?
12. Do you think money makes people happy?
13. How do you normally spend your weekends?
14. What is something that you could do continuously and never bore of it?
15. When do you feel most creative?
16. What is your typical morning routine during the weekday?
17. Who is the nicest person you know? Why?
18. When you have a terrible day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
19. What is one thing that you like about yourself?
20. Are you a great friend? Why do you think so?
21. What is the hardest thing about being in the second grade?
22. How do you cope when you feel afraid?
23. When is a time that you showed leadership skills?
24. What advice would you give to a first grader about how to be successful in second grade?
25. Which outdoor activity would you like to be able to do more often?
26. If you could create a new invention, what would it be? How would it make life easier?
27. Under what circumstances do you learn best?
28. Which classroom rewards prompt you to put forth more effort in your work?
29. What makes you laugh?
30. Do you play any musical instruments?
31. If you were a superhero, what would be your special power?
32. What makes you feel alive and full of energy?
33. How do you show your family members that you love them?
34. Are you a night or morning person?
35. Which extracurricular activities do you like or would like to join?
36. What is something that frustrates you?
37. Who do you admire?
38. What is one thing that you want your teacher to know about you?
39. How do you feel about reading? Like it or not?
Now you have a ready-supply of morning meeting questions for 2nd grade that students will enjoy.
These questions serve as part of an essential and strategic morning routine for students.
If you liked these morning meeting questions for 2nd grade, you might like … would you rather writing prompts