Quotes are fun to read because they motivate and inspire.
They are insightful nuggets of wisdom that prompt students to self-reflect and think critically about ideas.
That’s why growth mindset quotes for students make a great addition to any classroom where teachers want to nurture the social-emotional needs of learners.
What is a growth mindset for students?
Students who believe that strategic planning, hard work, and feedback are the key ingredients to achieving success have a growth mindset.
Contrast that to students who believe that some students are simpler smarter than others and ability is natural. This way of thinking demonstrates a fixed mindset.
Of course, teachers want students to have a growth mindset instead of a fixed mindset, but how is this accomplished?
One solution is by sharing good growth mindset quotes with students on a regular basis.
I’ve compiled some of the best growth mindset quotes for students – perfect for elementary, middle, and high school.
Consider taking some of these quotes and using them as class mottos.
Growth Mindset Quotes For Students
Utilizing quotes is one way to motivate students into action. Following are teachers’ favorite growth mindset quotes for students.
- Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. – Warren Buffet
- Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. – Dale Carnegie
- The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. – Winston Churchill
- When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. – Paulo Coelho
- You’ll never get bored when you try something new. There’s really no limit to what you can do. – Dr. Seuss
- The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. – Albert Einstein
- You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute. – Tina Fey
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. – Henry Ford
- Love challenges, be intrigued by mistakes, enjoy effort, and keep on learning. – Carol Dweck
- You’re in charge of your mind. You can help it grow by using it in the right way. – Carol Dweck
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. – Jane Goodall
- The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make a mistake. – Elbert Hubbard
- The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes. – William James
- Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. – Helen Keller
- Every adversity, every failure, and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit. – Napoleon Hill
- Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world. – Nelson Mandela
- One of the differences between some successful and unsuccessful people is that one group is full of doers, while the other is full of wishers. – Edmond Mbiaka
- Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow. – Mary Anne Radmacher
- If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse. – Jim Rohn
- Stay away from those people who try to disparage your ambitions. Small minds will always do that, but great minds will give you a feeling that you can become great too. – Mark Twain
Short Growth Mindset Quotes For Students
- Be so busy improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others. – Chetan Bhagat
- Don’t let someone else’s opinion of you become your reality. – Les Brown
- Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. – Winston Churchill
- Success is not final … it is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston S. Churchill
- Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. – Calvin Coolidge
- I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. – Stephen R. Covey
- Success comes after you conquer your biggest obstacles and hurdles. – Stephen Curry
- If you can dream it, you can do it. – Walt Disney
- I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. – Thomas A. Edison
- You carry the passport to your own happiness. – Diane von Furstenberg
- Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there. – Bo Jackson
- Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance. – Samuel Johnson
- Nothing is impossible. The word itself says “I’m Possible!” – Audrey Hepburn
- Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. – Napoleon Hill
- Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. – Dalai Lama
- Life is like a sewer… what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. – Tom Lehrer
- If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one. – Dolly Parton
- Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. – Tony Robbins
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. – Theodore Roosevelt
- Don’t tell me how talented you are. Tell me how hard you work. – Arthur Rubenstein
- Success usually comes to those who are too busy looking for it. – Henry David Thoreau
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lao Tzu
Final Thoughts On Growth Mindset Quotes For Students
Inspire, encourage, and instill in learners great confidence by regularly utilizing growth mindset quotes for students.
By taking action and having the right mindset, students will be unstoppable in reaching their goals.