If you’re looking to break the monotony of your morning meeting time, try these fun morning meeting questions that will excite and engage students on a higher level.
Morning meeting is a special time in the day because it helps students to transition into a learning mode.
It also helps you as the teacher “take the temperature” so to speak of students to determine how they are feeling about their day.
Though this time is very valuable for building classroom community, it can become boring after doing the same routine every morning.
To break that cycle, incorporate some fun morning meeting questions that will awaken students’ minds.
These morning meeting sharing ideas will energize and excite students so that they are motivated to get to work.
While there are lots of different ideas for how to make morning meetings more fun, using morning meeting questions is one of the simplest ways to do so because using them takes minimal preparation time.
You can start using these fun morning meeting questions today.
Watch the higher levels of engagement, excitement, and anticipation that your students will exhibit as a result of using these fun questions.
Fun Morning Meeting Questions
These fun morning meeting questions serve well as a morning meeting activity for students.
1. What is one of your special talents?
2. Which rule should every citizen of your country obey?
3. What’s your favorite type of weather?
4. What would be your dream field trip?
5. Would you rather do a science project or a social studies project?
6. What kind of music makes you feel happy?
7. What’s the most exciting place you visited in the past year?
8. Do you prefer to read or write?
9. What’s your least favorite chore to do at home?
10. What’s your favorite animal?
11. Which after-school activity do you think is the coolest?
12. What have you learned in school this year that you think will be helpful to you as an adult?
13. What is something funny that your dad does?
14. Do you prefer to work independently or with a group?
15. What’s the silliest thing you’ve ever done?
16. What is something that you can do to protect the environment?
17. If you could change the ending of a movie or book that you’ve recently seen or read, how would you change it?
18. What’s your favorite hobby?
19. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
20. Who’s your favorite superhero?
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
22. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
23. What do you want to be when you grow up?
24. If you found $100 on the street, how would you spend it?
25. What’s the hardest thing about being a student?
26. What’s one rule that you think the school should have?
27. Would you rather give a presentation or write an essay as a classroom assignment?
28. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
29. Which emoji best represents how you feel today?
30. What do you like most about your family?
31. If you could fly, where would you fly to right now?
32. What is one thing that you do before going to bed?
33. Add the numbers of your birth month and birthday. What do you get?
34. What is something that you do well as a student?
35. Would you rather know how to sing or play an instrument very well?
36. What’s your least favorite school subject?
37. Which career do you think would be really fun to be in?
38. What is one thing that you love about yourself?
39. Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks?
40. What is something that you learned this week?
41. Would you rather it rain or snow for the rest of your life?
42. What’s your favorite food?
43. How would your mom describe you?
44. What do you consider your best personality trait?
45. If you could change your name to anything, what would you change it to and why?
46. What’s your favorite cereal?
47. Which type of candy can you eat forever without getting tired of it?
48. What’s your favorite thing to buy at the grocery store?
49. Do you prefer scrambled or boiled eggs?
50. What’s an odd noise that an animal makes?
51. If failing was not an option, what would you like to be able to do?
52. What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever built?
53. Would you rather be a school bus who or a train?
54. What is something that is more exciting to do with your family?
55. In your free time, what do you like to do?
56. What’s the most disgusting thing you’ve ever eaten?
57. Who is someone in your family that you look up to?
58. What is something that you find gross?
59. Would you prefer to be an only child or have siblings?
60. What do you think exists beyond the stars?
61. On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being the best), how are you feeling today?
62. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever experienced?
63. When was the last time you acted silly?
64. What makes you feel calm?
65. Would you prefer to participate in the talent show or a science fair contest?
66. What characteristic makes you a good friend?
67. Do you prefer in-person or online learning?
68. What’s your favorite thing to order in a restaurant?
69. If you could be a type of pizza, what type would you be?
70. What makes you laugh?
71. Would you prefer to be in a costume contest or kite-flying contest?
72. What’s the funniest thing your pet does?
73. Would you rather have a lot of money or be famous?
74. If you had to trade places with a person for one day, who would you trade places with and why?
75. Which type of weather do you like least?
76. What do you like to do for fun on the weekends?
77. In your opinion, what’s the oddest pizza topping?
78. When have you ever felt lucky?
79. If you were king or queen for a day, how would you rule?
80. What’s a really cool thing that you learned this week?
81. Would you rather be a sloth or a cheetah?
82. Which silly award are you most likely to receive at the end of the school year?
83. If you were famous, what would you be known for?
84. What is your favorite number and why?
85. Would you rather be an elephant or an ant? Why?
86. If you only had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
87. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
88. Which classroom reward do you like best?
89. If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
90. What’s one of the best activities to do that does not involve any electronic device?
91. If you could live in any decade, which would you choose to live in and why?
92. How do you like to have fun during a snow day?
93. What is something that you can do today to make someone smile?
94. If you were invisible for one day, what would you do and where would you go?
95. What’s the best Christmas present you’ve ever received?
96. If you could donate to any charity, which would you donate to and why?
97. What’s your favorite TV show?
98. If you could go into the future 5 years, what would you ask or say to the older you?
99. Would you rather visit Saturn or Jupiter?
100. Which zoo animal do you find most interesting?
101. What is your favorite green object?
Final Thoughts On Fun Morning Meeting Questions
The importance of morning meetings cannot be understated.
So make them more exciting using fun morning meeting questions.
Not only will you build a classroom community but you will also set a tone early in the day that will motivate students to focus and learn at their best.