As teachers, we’re always prepared to start the school day with academics because there is so much content to cover within a certain amount of time.
However, we realize that the students that sit before us are human beings who have needs that go beyond academics.
They have social-emotional needs, and teachers are partly responsible for nurturing that aspect of learning.
We can do that by utilizing fun daily check-in questions for students.
To do a check-in daily with students is a good routine to incorporate into a classroom management system.
We want students to feel safe, supported, heard, and seen in the classroom so that their learning will be maximized.
Check-in questions serve the purpose well because they can be used to gauge how students are feeling.
In turn, teachers can do more responsive teaching.
This post provides a collection of fun daily check-in questions for students that lighten the mood and ease students into the learning process.
Use these fun daily check-in questions for students as warm-ups, bell-ringers, fun questions of the day, or for any other purpose.
Using these types of classroom questions for students will make them more receptive to the teaching.
Fun Daily Check-In Questions For Students
1. What animal do you think has a fun life?
2. Which type of food is fun to eat?
3. What’s a fun fact that most people don’t know about you?
4. Would you describe yourself as funny? Why or why not?
5. What do you like to do for fun?
6. In your opinion, what makes a song fun to listen to?
7. What makes your favorite TV show so entertaining?
8. Do you think texting is more fun than talking on the phone? Why or why not?
9. What language do you think would be fun to learn? Why?
10. In what ways do you learn best?
11. What’s the most unusual thing you ate this week?
12. How do you have fun with your pet?
13. Which sport do you consider to be the most fun?
14. What holiday do you enjoy most and why?
15. When is class fun for you?
16. What makes an outdoor game fun?
17. How would you describe your favorite nonfiction book?
18. Do you think learning should always be fun? Why or why not?
19. Which flavor of ice cream is most delicious to you?
20. Would you rather switch places with a turtle or a fish for the day? Why?
21. In which sport would you love to be a star player?
22. Who do you admire and why?
23. What’s your favorite genre of music?
24. Which instrument do you think is the most fun to play?
25. What’s the funniest thing you heard today?
26. How do you like to spend your free time during the weekend?
27. What big goal do you want to achieve one day?
28. Which emoji describes how you’re feeling right now?
29. What makes your family fun to be around?
30. Would you rather have a fun teacher and learn nothing or a boring teacher and learn everything?
31. What talent do you wish you had?
32. How do you have fun during an indoor recess day?
33. What’s the funniest thing that anyone has ever said to you that was actually helpful advice?
34. What part of this week has been the most exciting?
35. How would you describe your favorite food?
36. Which time of the year is the most fun? Why do you think this?
37. What’s the funniest thing you’ve seen a teacher ever do?
38. Would you rather eat pancakes with ketchup or waffles with mustard?
39. How does music make you feel?
40. What does lunchtime look like on the weekends at your house?
41. Do you have any fun family traditions? How would you describe them?
42. What types of activities do you and your siblings/friends do for fun?
43. Which three adjectives would you use to describe your favorite movie?
44. What are three things that come in your favorite color?
45. If you could travel to any other country for a week, where would you go and why?
46. What is one of your strengths?
47. Why do you feel fun daily check-in questions for students are helpful?
48. Which career seems fun to you?
49. What’s your favorite thing to do on Sunday evenings with your family?
50. In what ways do you and your friends have fun?
51. What’s a fun memory you have about your last vacation?
52. How do you relax when stressed?
53. What can people say or do to make you feel appreciated?
54. Do you consider yourself a fun person? Why or why not?
55. How would you describe yourself to someone who has never met you before?
56. What are two unique things about you?
57. Who in your family likes to have the most fun?
58. What makes your culture unique?
59. How does your family have fun on the weekends?
60. Do you think it’s more fun to cook a meal or build something? Why?
61. What is something funny that your pet does?
62. Which school subject do you enjoy most?
63. Which emoji reflects how you’re feeling today?
Final Thoughts On Fun Daily Check-In Questions For Students
Easily include social-emotional learning into your classroom learning routines by using fun daily check-in questions for students.
Whether you’re looking to set the mood for learning or just want some funny questions to ask students during moments of transition, these check-in questions will serve you and your class well.