To evoke feelings of positivity, confidence, motivation, and appreciation during your end-of-year ceremony or event, incorporate some of these inspiring and fun end-of-school-year quotes.
Milestones cause us to reflect upon our accomplishments, future goals, and areas of need improvement.
Students plus teachers do this at the end of the school year, reflecting upon any new lessons learned from their many accomplishments and challenges.
Quotes support this habit, prompting teachers and students to view education through various lenses.
Whether you’re hosting an awards ceremony, an assembly, or simply want to spread positivity, share some of these quotes for the end of the school year.
You’ll surely create an ambiance of inspiration, hope, and optimism.
Following you will find a list of the most inspiring end-of-school-year quotes for teachers and students.
Short End-of-School-Year Quotes
1. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
2. “Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.” – Oprah Winfrey
3. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
4. “Acquiring knowledge is the most fruitful effort.” – Eraldo Banovac
5. “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey
6. “Learn from yesterday. Live for today. Hope for tomorrow.” – Albert Einstein
7. “Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.” – Chinese Proverb
8. “Self-belief and hard work will always earn you success.” – Virat Kohli
9. “Set tough goals and do not stop until you get there.” – Bo Jackson
10. “Success doesn’t come to you, you’ve got to go to it.” – Marva Collins
End-of-School-Year Quotes for Students
11. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
12. “Do the right thing, do the best you can, and always show people you care.” – Lou Holtz
13. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
14. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
15. “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
16. “Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You have to keep going.” – Chantal Sutherland
17. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow’.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
18. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
19. “Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become.” – Steve Jobs
20. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
21.“Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
22. “Follow your passion. It will lead you to your purpose.” – Oprah
23. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
24. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
25. “Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.” – Minor Myers Jur
26. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” – Stephen Hawking
27. “If you think your teachers are tough, wait ’til you get a boss.” – Bill Gates
28. “If you work hard enough and assert yourself, and use your mind and imagination, you can shape the world to your desires.” – Malcolm Gladwell
29. “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently.” – Tony Robbins
30. “Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets.” – Leonardo da Vinci
31. “Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning.” – Bruce Lee
32. “When you have a terrible day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” – Patrick Stump
33. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.” – A.A Milne
34. “You don’t get what you wish for. You get what you work for.” – Daniel Milstein
35. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss
36. “Never let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the game.” – Babe Ruth
37. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
38. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
39. “Persist and persevere, and you will find most things that are attainable, possible.” – Lord Chesterfield
40. “Recipe for success: Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; dream while others are wishing.” – William A. Ward
41. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no help at all.” – Dale Carnegie
42. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
43. “What we learn with pleasure we never forget.” – Alfred Mercier
44. “Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.” – Goethe
45. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Les Brown
46. “So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.” – Christopher Reeve
47. “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” – George Sheehan
48. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
49. “The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice.” – Brian Herbert
50. “The future belongs to the competent. Get good, get better, be the best!” – Brian Tracy
51. “Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending.” – Carl Bard
52. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
53. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
54. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” – Dalai Lama
55. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France
56. “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
57. “The road to freedom – here and everywhere on earth – begins in the classroom.” – Hubert Humphrey
58. “What feels like the end is often the beginning.” – Unknown
End-of-School-Year Quotes for Teachers
59. “In life, you make the small decisions with your head and the big decisions with your heart.” – Omid Kordgstani
60. “Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.” – Ralph Marston
61. “A man’s mind, stretched by new ideas, may never return to its original dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
62. “You get the best out of others when you give the best of yourself.” – Harvey S. Firestone
63. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
64. “Always find time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive.” – Dr. Zwig
65. “To be successful you must accept all challenges that come your way. You can’t just accept the ones you like.” – Mike Gafka
66. “Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they’re making to win.” – Lou Holtz
67. “Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
68. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Albus Dumbledore
69. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
70. “Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you alone to decide.” – Cavett Robert
71. “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” – Vince Lombardi
Final Thoughts On End-of-School-Year Quotes
Spark enthusiasm about education using these inspirational end-of-school-year quotes for teachers and students.
These quotes are just what you need to make a good end-of-year event great.
If you enjoyed these end-of-school-year quotes, discover more tips for ending the school year on a positive note.