Here you will find a quality collection of creative writing topics for 7th grade students that even your most reluctant writers will enjoy!
Empower seventh graders to showcase their creativity and express their thoughts using these creative writing topics.
In addition to helping students develop writing skills and explore new vocabulary, these writing topics encourage 7th graders to think outside the box.
So include a few of these creative writing topics for 7th grade in your teaching this week.
Creative Writing Topics for 7th Grade Students
1. Imagine your class is making time capsules for the year 2040. What items will you place into your box and why?
2. Write a poem about 7th-grade life.
3. Describe a usual day in the life of a printer.
4. Describe what things you would do if you could trade places with any famous person for a day.
5. Write a recipe teaching seventh graders how to show kindness.
6. Describe a new city you founded.
7. For a day, you are a chair. Tell about a typical day in your life.
8. Rewrite the ending to your favorite fairy tale.
9. Items in your bathroom start chatting. Create a story about what is going on.
10. Write a story about a newborn baby that already knows how to speak in full sentences.
11. You have wings and can fly anywhere you like. Describe all the places you’ll visit.
12. Write a creative story that centers around these five words: island, seahorse, canoe, campfire, spider
13. Invent a new online game, and describe how to play it.
14. As you are brushing your hair, your strands turn into snakes. Write a story about what happens next.
15. The answer is “Mother’s Day”. Write eight different questions.
16. You own a one-of-a-kind pet that has gone missing! Create a cool “Lost” advertisement describing what your pet looks like.
17. List 12 words related to being in the seventh grade. Then create a poem that includes these words.
18. When you step into your mirror, you enter a world of magic and fantasy. Write a story about your adventures.
19. A mole on your body has come to life. Write a story about what happens with it.
20. Use figurative language to describe your favorite mammal.
21. If you had whiskers like a cat, a tail like an alligator, and the body of a human, what kinds of things would you do? How would your life be different, better, or worse?
22. Explain how to jump over the moon.
23. You discover that a tree in your backyard grows money. Write a story about this magical tree.
24. You are a reporter and will interview the president of the U.S. A.. Draft a list of questions you will ask him along with his responses.
25. You discover an island and decide to build a new city on it. What will your city be like? How will you attract people to live there?
26. S.E.V.E.N.T.H G.R.A.D.E – Create an acrostic poem using the phrase seventh grade.
27. Write a story about someone who has just found a long-lost treasure map.
28. Imagine that a response that you wrote to one of the creative writing topics for 7th grade will be turned into a movie. Describe the movie.
29. When you turn on the kitchen faucet, orange juice begins to flow out profusely. Write what happens next.
30. If you could take the best qualities of three of your favorite people and create a new personality, what would the new personality be like?
31. Brainstorm three emojis that best represent your personality. Describe these emojis, and share why they fit you well.
32. Draft a story about a wannabe superhero who fails at first with his superpower but then succeeds because of perseverance.
33. Start your story with the line, “It was 2:30 am when the knocking started.”
34. Imagine you have the ability to never get tired. What activities or tasks would you be thrilled to keep doing? Why?
35. Compose a haiku about your favorite season.
36. Write a story about landing on an isolated desert island with nothing but a flashlight and your favorite book.
37. Start your story with “I didn’t realize I was falling.”
38. “Don’t look down,” he screamed. I looked down anyway and saw…
39. If you had a TV show about your life, what would it be called and who would play you?
40. Write a story set in a mythical place.
41. Let me explain the reasons why I left the colony…
42. Write a story about finding a million dollars in a small cave.
43. It suddenly dawned on me that I was a mermaid…
44. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing…
45. Imagine you dig a deep hole. What do you find at the bottom?
46. The doctor emerged from behind the curtain. I’d never experienced anything like this in my life. What was he about to say?…
47. List all the words you can make using the letters in the word psychological.
48. Create a scavenger hunt.
49. Compose a poem about selfies.
50. Write a recipe for having success at school.
51. Let me tell you about the time that I…
Final Thoughts: Creative Writing Topics for 7th Grade
Now you have an assortment of creative writing topics for 7th grade that can be used for various writing activities.
For support, teach students how to respond to these creative writing topics.