Include in your collection of Christmas activities a few of these engaging Christmas opinion writing prompts.
Everybody has an opinion about something, and most would like to share that opinion with someone.
These Christmas opinion writing prompts give students the opportunity to express their beliefs, thoughts, preferences, and opinions about certain topics related to Christmas.
These interesting opinion writing prompts about Christmas serve as great writing ideas or conversation starters.
Try out a few of these Christmas writing tasks this week.
Christmas Opinion Writing Prompts
- In your opinion, should people have a Christmas spirit year-round? Why or why not?
- What does Christmas cheer mean to you?
- Do you think Christmas is the best time to be thinking of others? Explain.
- Is Christmas too commercial now? Why or why not?
- Would you rather be a kid or an adult during Christmas? Why?
- How can arguments be prevented on Christmas Day?
- Which type of tree is best…real or fake? Explain.
- How did the birth of Jesus affect the world?
- Would you want Santa’s job? Why or why not?
- What is the true meaning of Christmas?
- I have been a good boy or girl this year because…
- Is it better to give or receive gifts? Why do you think this?
- What kind of gift does the whole world need right now?
- How can we give back to our local communities during the Christmas season?
- What’s the best way to open a Christmas present?
- Tell about the best Christmas tradition.
- In your opinion, what is most important about Christmas?
- What makes your family special or unique?
- How does the spirit of Christmas affect people’s behavior?
- What does it mean to get into the holiday spirit?
- If the reindeer were sick, which would make better replacements: polar bears or penguins? Why?
- In your opinion, what makes Christmas special?
- Are presents the most important thing on Christmas Day? Why or why not?
- What does Mrs. Claus do all day?
- What types of things should people reflect upon during Christmas?
- How has the meaning of Christmas changed over time?
- What would Christmas be like without Santa Claus?
- Share what you like about your favorite Christmas movie.
- How would getting everything on your Christmas list make the world a better place?
- Describe a perfect Christmas day.
- Santa Claus is real because…
- How can Santa use technology to make his job easier?
- Should Christmas be twice a year? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Christmas colors are red and green?
- What would Jesus think of Christmas today?
- What are some gifts you would not want for Christmas and why?
- Tell about your favorite holiday treat.
- What five opinions do you have about Christmas?
- In your opinion, is Christmas the best holiday? Why or why not?
- What steps should someone take when deciding what Christmas gift to buy for someone?
- Describe the best holiday movie.
Encourage students to share their beliefs and mindset using these engaging Christmas-themed opinion writing prompts and ideas.
You may first want to review with students the elements that should be included in opinion writing before assigning these Christmas opinion writing prompts.