Inspire educators with these back-to-school quotes for teachers.
Use these uplifting phrases during professional development, as daily teacher affirmations, or write them on cards as notes of appreciation.
Back-to-School Quotes for Teachers
- “One child, one teacher, one pen and one book can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “In an effective classroom, students should not only know what they are doing, they should also know why and how.” – Harry Wong
- “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” – Aristotle
- “I am not a teacher but an awakener.” – Robert Frost
- “All students can learn and succeed, but not in the same way and not in the same day.” – William G. Spady
- “If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.” – Ignacio Estrada
- “Teaching is the highest form of understanding.” – Aristotle
- “They may forget what you said but they will not forget how you made them feel.” – Carl Buechner
- “Children want the same things we want: to laugh, to be challenged, to be entertained, and delighted.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “It is not what is poured into the student but what is planted that counts.” – E. P. Bertin
- “You are responsible not only by what you say but also by what you don’t say.” – Martin Luther
- “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” – William Butler Yeats
- “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to think, than what to think – rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with thoughts of other men.” – Bill Beattie
- “A well-educated mind will always have more questions than answers.” – Helen Keller
- “I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.” – Lily Tomlin
- “You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.” – Clay P. Bedford
- “Intelligence plus character – that is the true goal of education.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.” – Chinese proverb
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids to work together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.”- Bill Gates
- “If you really want to know about the future, don’t ask a technologist, a scientist, a physicist. If you want to know what society’s going to be like in 20 years, ask a kindergarten teacher.” – Clifford Stoll
- “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” – Margaret Mead
- “Man’s mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
- “What makes a child gifted and talented may not always be good grades in school, but a different way of looking at the world and learning.” – Chuck Grassley
- “Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers.” – Josef Albers
- “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “If the school sends out children with a desire for knowledge and some idea of how to acquire and use it, it will have done its work.” – Richard Livingstone
- “Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.” – Solomon Ortiz
- “Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.” – Japanese Proverb
Funny Back-to-School Quotes for Educators
- “Football players have the Super Bowl. Runners have the Olympics. Teachers have Back-to-School. Armed with new ideas, fresh views, a stapler, and glue. Game on!” – Anonymous
- “A policeman pulled me over and asked me for my papers. I gladly gave him all of my students’ essays to grade and drove off.”
- “Being a teacher is a lot like being a rock star: you work hard to keep the attention of a distracted crowd, your fans freak out when they see you in public, groupies line up to follow you everywhere, you hear your name being called out all the time.”
- “Sometimes the greatest PD is the teacher down the hall.” – Brian Aspinall
- “Cheers to all of the teachers who give out pencils every single day know that they’ll never get them back.”
- “A police officer came to my house and asked me where I was between 5 and 6. I replied, ‘Kindergarten.’.”
These back-to-school quotes for educators work well for various purposes. For whichever occasion you use them, you’ll spark a positive mindset for teachers.
So start the school year strong with a handful of these funny and inspirational quotes for teachers.
>>> It’s back-to-school time! Transition into this season of the year smoothly using resources and ideas from our back-to-school collection.